Before washing the car, you need to remove as much of the loose dirt as you can. This helps minimising marring when washing the car off. This includes removing bugs off the front of the car in the summer, traffic film and dirt.
Although the most modern engine bays are covered mostly in plastic, spending just a few minutes to clean and maintain it has added benefits:
- A clean engine bay increases its value and makes a vehicle more saleable.
- A clean and well-dressed engine show the car has been really well looked after.
- Cleaning and dressing the engine area helps to stop the rubber hoses from cracking and splitting.
- A good degrease makes light work of even the most suborn grease & grime found in the engine bay.
- See our full guide and more helpful tips here:
After cleaning your engine bay, you should dress the engine to help protect & enhance the other surfaces found under and around the engine.